Thursday, February 2, 2006

Our First Indian Wedding Reception


Okay, I know this is a really hideous picture of me, but it captures the glitz and the awkwardness I felt at this party where I had no idea what the social rules were! We drove two hours from our house for this big outdoor party, and everyone kept scolding us for not having the baby's head covered. It wasn't that cold! As you can see I was wearing sandals and my toes weren't a bit cold. But it was very fun. Lots of yummy Indian food and the people were so inviting. They had huge tables set up outside with just appetizers and then a huge empty room with a buffet dinner served. Everyone stood around eating while the Indian music boomed. The bride and groom were on a stage and groups of people kept going up to take turns having their picture taken with them.


One of Rich's co-workers was the groom and as the party warmed up all the men (no women) started jamming on the dance floor. Rich saw it as a time to pull out all his old moves from the 80s.


Rich's Indian co-workers were visibly impressed.

No comments: