Tuesday, November 1, 2005

Trail Mix and Growing Up

I think I may actually be a real live adult now.

Why, you ask? Because when I eat trail mix now (and this is only in the last month or so), I eat it by the handful instead of picking out the best parts (the M&Ms, of course) and leaving the rest for later. The rest are usually just raisins and nuts, which I don't necessarily dislike. But why waste your time with nuts and raisins when you can eat M&Ms? Now when I take a handful and eat the M&Ms and nuts and raisins all at once, the mixture of the three is a whole new wonderful taste that I never got before because I was so busy picking out the "good" parts.

So, I guess that means I'm growing up a bit. I'm learning that I don't always have to be the best or have the best, and sometimes what I think is the absolute best thing or choice isn't really. I realize now that taking life by the handful with all of its ugliness, beauty, mediocrity, and wonders makes for a pretty tasty existence, especially when I don't get too hung up on classifying every bite. Actually living beats thinking too much about it.

And what do ya'll do differently now that you're growing up? I know we all are growing up (or getting old, however you want to see it!), whether we'd like to admit it or not! Posted by Picasa

No comments: