Thursday, March 8, 2007

Hang Gliding!

For our anniversary present Rich let me go tandem hang gliding. What a rush! I got two chances to get all suited up because the first time the wind wouldn't shift to the right direction so we had to give up and try in the evening. This is the first time . . .This is the mountain we literally stepped off of. Normally you run and then jump off and start flying, but the wind was so strong that we just stepped off. At first I couldn't keep my legs from shaking, I was so nervous once we took off, but I willed them to stop and they finally did. Then I started to enjoy the ride.
I was flying tandem with this old crazy guy who handed me the reins to steer and instructed me to send us spinning around. Scared me to death!
It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Mindy flying like the wind!
We were up in the air for about 25 breathless minutes. All the while my tandem partner was chatting away like we were sitting in his living room. Very surreal. Rich met us at the bottom where we came in for a landing in a field. We land on our bellies. Come visit us and we'll show you some videos of the fun adventure.

No comments: