Tuesday, May 1, 2007

If I Only Had a Brain . . .

True story . . .

Dad: "Isaac, we're having three guests for dinner, so how many plates do we need?"
Isaac: "Okay, there's five in our family, so it's three plus five. Let's see . . . eight!"
Mom: "Here's the plates, Isaac."
Isaac [counting]: "Hey, how did Mommy know what three plus five is?"
Mom: "Well actually, I did it inside my head. Mommy does have a brain."
Isaac: "No you don't. I control your brain."

MWAHAHAHAHA!

Any of you who have children will know exactly how true this is. Those of you who have new sweet little babies or one on the way, guard your brain carefully, because little by little they will take it over.

As my own mother used to put it so well in this little song:

I am slowly going crazy,
1 2 3 4 5 6 SWITCH!
Crazy going slowly am I,
6 5 4 3 2 1 SWITCH!
I am slowly going crazy,
1 2 3 4 5 6 SWITCH!
Crazy going slowly am I,
6 5 4 3 2 1 SWITCH!

And on and on . . .

Call me and I'll sing it for you. There is a tiny space left in my brain Isaac hasn't taken over that holds this song for the moment!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, Merinda, this is sooooo funny! I'm going to be laughing about this for a while. I need to tell Matt...