Monday, June 18, 2007

Fun Facts about the New Delhi 1st Branch

After a year of being Branch President, it finally crossed my mind to ask the District President to see a map of our Branch boundaries. Thinking I would see a map of the west side of New Delhi, I was quite suprised to see something that looked like this:


So since my family is back in the USA and I am still here in India, I have some time on my hands and I quickly looked up a few facts about our branch. Since many of our readers are familiar with Utah, that state is used for comparison.
  • Area of our branch: 232,945 square miles.
  • Area of the state of Utah: 84,904 square miles
  • Population of our branch: 239 million people
  • Population of Utah : 2 million people
  • Population of the United States : 300 million people
  • Church members in our branch: 312
  • Church members in Utah : 1, 425,000
  • Membership ratio in our branch: 0.0001%
  • Membership ratio in Utah : 71%
  • Population density of our branch: 1,033 people per square mile
  • Population density of Utah: 30 people per square mile
So if you want to be one in a million, come on down! There's plenty of people to meet (and they are close together)...

No comments: