Sunday, August 12, 2007

Hanging Out in Texas in June

Grandma and Grandpa were so sweet to get bikes and trailer for everyone from a garage sale so we could act like Americans and ride our bikes around the neighborhood (okay, I didn't see any other Americans around doing the same thing . . . I guess we're aiming for another generation or another state or something!)

Here's Graham as happy as can be at Chuck-E-Cheese's. Grandma, Grandpa & Amy took all the boys there one day while I was on my way home from my Musikgarten training.

Here's the posse of Cutler boy cousins amazingly all sitting together at once for a photo! We loved getting to know Max and Spencer. Watch out, boys . . . I think Ellie might give ya'll a run for your money when she's old enough to take her place in the cousin play.

Grandma was so sweet to the boys and me--reading to them when they were happy or sad, finding just the right toy for the moment, letting them cook with her, watching them while I went shopping for American goodies and did my Musikgarten training and taking us to fun places like the place they print money in Fort Worth and the Dallas Aquarium.

The family pile! What a great sport Grandpa was to let us all invade his house for three weeks straight!

We all had a great time doing another great American Saturday activity: yardwork! Only with Grandpa Cutler you get the added bonus of great power tools for the job.

Graham, Max & Isaac tired, but ready for more at Chuck-E-Cheese's! Unfortunately, I don't have any photos of Amy, but our stay in Dallas was all the better because Amy came all the way from Michigan with her cool little guys to play with us and help watch the boys while I did Musikgarten training. Thanks, Amy! We also had so much fun with Mark & Cherie and are so excited for their new GIRL on the way. Mark and I carpooled into Dallas a few days while I was doing my Musikgarten training and one day we got stuck on the freeway for several hours because of flooding. We sang songs, told jokes, it felt just like the good old days when we were little tikes telling dorky jokes only Gurneys got. I wish all of us could live next door to each other somehow . . .

No comments: