Friday, April 3, 2009

When Are We Going to Let it Go?

Okay, I know you've all been thinking it (all two of you). I have been too. When am I going to be able to let go of the fact that I lived in India, and just get on with my life? When am I going to let go of this blog and write more stuff in my new, kinda dull blog/life?

Which leads me to my next question: Am I only able to write blogs worth reading when I live in a crazy, amazing place? Or is the place and the life I live now crazy and amazing and I'm missing it somehow because I can't let go of crazy-amazing India?

Maybe I'll let go of it on the one-year anniversary of our return to America--July 4th. I've got more stuff to tell about for future's sake before I let go, so I better get busy.

A mental list put down:
  1. Copenhagen trip--our favorite, but somehow we never blogged it!
  2. Pushkar Camel Fair with Dawn, Pulsipher Kids
  3. Jodhpur for a co-worker's wedding with Rich
  4. Christmas Trip to USA
  5. Trip to Rome
  6. Trip to New Zealand to visit parents, met Rich on the way back in Bangkok
  7. Packed up stuff and said goodbye to everyone in Delhi
  8. Trip to Scotland with Brandon
  9. A Tribute to Poojah
And stuff to record after returning from India:
  1. Kim & Scott's Wedding
  2. Hurricane Ike
  3. Isaac's baptism
  4. Brandon visits Austin for Thanksgiving
  5. A visit from Pulsipher cousins in November
So I guess whether anyone's reading or not, the blog will live on at least until July 4th. Any great ideas for a new blog that doesn't bore me and you?

3 comments:

Aby Runyan said...

Ok, I'll say it.

You're missing it.

I know you'll see it if you just try. Look around. Your life is amazing here. I haven't even seen it with my own eyes but I know it's a fact.

You better not stop blogging. Either change the name of this one or just start a new one about your family, thoughts, life, whatever you want.
BTW - we (your readers) do not EXPECT to be entertained. Mostly we just like hearing/reading your voice.

luvs, aby

Katie said...

I expect to be entertained, but I gotta tell you it doesn't take much! :) I love hearing about whatever you are thinking and the boys are thinking/saying and, for heavens sake, whatever that brother of mine is thinking is pretty entertaining too! Oh and you never told me you have your other blog. I only glanced at it but I can't wait to explore it more. What great information. LOVE YOU!!

Sariah said...

Hey, I didn't realize you were still blogging post-India. I would've been reading faithfully. And you can feel honoured because I NEVER comment on blogs I read, I just snoop and don't tell anyone I've read their interesting inner-most thoughts. But I had to say, besides that I think you're the best, that you have a mini-Rich and a mini-Ryan (from their pictures) and they are so adorable! I can't wait for our strawberry pie in the sky together and my taxes still are not done. Iah