Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Nostalgic for Indian Food & Friends

The Sunderaj Family at Lakshmi's baptism: Vanita (adopted), Poojah, Margaret, Lakshmi, Shiva, Sunderaj

Yesterday the missionaries came over and I made Indian food for dinner to give them something to write home about--murgh makhani (butter chicken), aloo gobi (potato cauliflower curry), yellow daal (lentils), garlic naan bread, cucumber raitha, and basmati rice. Graham, Rich and I were happy. Russell said, "I don't like this naan. I like the kind of naan we used to have in India." I think he meant chapatis, and I'd love to make them like Margaret & Poojah did, but I'm not there yet. It took me the better part of the day to cook it all, but I enjoyed the luxury of having the time to do it, remembering some of my favorite people--the Sunderaj family--along the way. I appreciate them now a little more now that I'm doing all this on my own.

The weather report for Delhi today says 102 degrees and "blowing dust." Some things I just won't ever miss!

No comments: