Friday, September 4, 2009

Who Makes Sure You Get All the Way to Heaven?


Graham: "Who makes sure you get all the way to heaven?"

Me: "I don't know. Maybe the angels?"

Graham: "No, who really does it. You know. You always know every-fing."

Me: "When did I start knowing everything?"

Graham: "Today you know everything."

At this point I wonder if he's thinking about Poojah who died 366 days ago. (And I forgot to call yesterday on the super-important ritual anniversary day.)

Me: "Do you remember Poojah?"

Graham: "Yes. Poojah died. . . . What's Poojah's front name?"

Me: "Poojah."

Graham: "What's Poojah's back name?"

Me: "Sunderaj."

Graham: "No, her back name is Cutler. Poojah Cutler."

Me: "Maybe her back name should be Cutler, because she feels like part of our family."

Graham: "Yes. That's right. Margaret Cutler and Poojah Cutler."

2 comments:

Alonso Family said...

I forgot how she died? so sad, young.

Alonso Family said...

My Elora is so sensitive, it's hard to answer some of her questions about these kind of topics. For example, the other day my Mom wanted to take us to see all the flags they put up on the anniversary of 9/11 and obviously questions ensued. We answered them as carefully as possible but of course, she became really worried about it and kept telling me she doesn't want to die and asking me who the "mean people" are and if they are close by etc....poor girl is way too young to worry so much so I just end up saying they are dead, too or in jail and that this happened far away, a long time ago. Then I just ensure her that Heavenly Father will watch over and protect us. What else can I say?