Monday, October 10, 2005

First Night in Paris

Wow! A dream come true . . . Paris with two of the men/boys I love most--Rich and Graham--while some of the people I trust the most (Grandma and Grandpa Cutler, Grandma Key and Aunt Kimmy) care for our other boys. I miss them, but it's so fun to be here. Rich has been pretty busy with work meetings, so Graham and I have been exploring Paris. Graham has slept through most of my touring, but he wakes up from time to time and nurses, giving me plenty of time to people-watch and sometimes get my bearings.


When we arrived in Paris we took a nap and then walked along the Seine in the cool night air to the Eiffel Tower. The river was beautiful and it was fun to watch all the Parisians and tourists taking Sunday evening walks. We walked all the way to Notre Dame, but we got there too late to see it in the daylight. We did see some interesting sideshows (juggling firewands, in-line skating on obstacle courses, cool tricks with a soccer ball) outside Notre Dame and walked through some fun neighborhoods.

I must say it's wonderful to complete conversations with Rich (when Graham is asleep anyway). Vacations are a good thing, especially in such a place!

No comments: