Saturday, October 8, 2005

Stranger Than Fiction

There are some days that are so crazy that all you can do is throw up your hands and laugh! On Wednesday we found out that Rich did indeed have to travel to Paris for work. We both weren't looking forward to a week without each other while one of us was in such a romantic place, so we figured out a way so that Graham and I could go with him to Paris and Ross and Claudia could watch the boys in Dallas. So Thursday I started doing laundry and packing like a mad woman so we could leave on Friday for Dallas.

The first adventure of the day came when I washed and dried ALL (no exaggeration here!) of Rich's dress pants with a waterproof gel ink pen and they all came out with black spots on them. Yikes!

So while I was calling everyone I could think of to get their opinion on how to get the pen out and directing the boys to pack their bags, I walked over to the stairs and noticed a cute little red handprint on each step leading upstairs to the bathroom.


No problem, I thought--all the paint I have within reach of the boys is washable. Then I remembered the acrylic craft paint I'd just packed in Russell's bag for a craft project they were planning to do at Grandma's house. Whoops! My darling little boy had poured a puddle of each color on the floor of my bedroom, and then when he noticed how dirty his hands were, he made his way upstairs to wash them because he can only reach the sink up there!

We have needed new carpet since we moved in, so I decided to leave the handprints there. Maybe the artwork will motivate us to get new carpet. Meanwhile, every person that walks in the door will get a taste of life with a 2-year-old!

No comments: