Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Second Day in Paris


Graham up close and personal in his oh-so-French hat. It was wonderful to have some Mommy-Graham time alone. Things are fun with three boys, but very fragmented and crazy. More than once when we found ourselves outside with Graham's hat, we were scolded by older European women to get that baby's head covered.

Today we were getting over our jet lag, so we didn't get out until 3 pm. Graham and I took the long way to the Metro station to explore a bit, then took a long metro ride to Sacre-Coeur. We climbed all 290-some steps to the top, but I'm afraid Graham slept through the climb and the view. He was awake, however, to people-watch on the hill in front of the church with all the lovers lounging around!

Tonight Rich and I found a Thai restaurant around the corner from our hotel and a grocery store (hallelujah!). The Thai food was delicious, and we ate it outside in the beautiful night air. Graham slept through the whole thing yet again, and as I write they are both asleep beside me.

It is fabulous being here. Someday I'd like to live in a big city like this, maybe learn French, maybe learn to paint. Lots of years left to follow these dreams . . . after a little relaxing, I'm excited to get back to my current dream-come-true life at home with my husband and children.

No comments: