Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Graham Demands to See the Arc de Triomphe

This is Graham and me at the Arc de Triomphe in Paris. After walking down the Champs Elysees, I saw the Arc de Triomphe from across the street and was about to duck into the subway station and call it a day, when Graham decided he was hungry. So we sat down on a curb for me to feed him.

While I was feeding him, I noticed there were lots of people over there, and gee did they ever look small. By the time Graham was all full, diaper changed, and burped, we decided to take the underground tunnel we hadn't seen before to see the thing up close. It was a whole different story when we got there! It was gargantuan, and awe-inspiring. Plus, we were there just in time to see a neat ceremony for the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier that lies at the foot of the Arc.

Why Breastfeeding is Great Reason #62: It forces me to slow down and consider the details of the wonders of the world I often miss because I'm in a hurry.

I never would have appreciated the Arc de Triomphe so much without my tiny traveling companion with a mind of his own!

No comments: